Meditation helps adults, adolescents, children, and children with special needs to relax, rejuvenate and reduce anxiety. Using guided meditation, breath work, various healing techniques and gentle yoga stretching, Creating Calm’s uniquely qualified instructors will provide you with the tools and techniques you need to succeed amidst everyday life, from minor annoyances to major tragedies. Most of all its easy, fun and can make a significant difference, in as little as 10 minutes a day!
What is meditation?
In meditation, we learn to focus our attention and suspend the stream of thoughts that normally occupy our mind. This practice results in a state of greater physical relaxation, mental calmness, and psychological balance. Practicing meditation changes and improves how we relate to the flow of emotions, thoughts, and stresses of everyday life.
The Benefits of Meditation
- Improved focus and concentration: A clear mind can help you be more productive at work, especially in creative disciplines, like writing.
- Better peer and family relationships: Neuroscientists have found that meditators shift their brain activity to different areas of the cortex. Brain waves in the stress-prone right move to the calmer left frontal cortex. In other words, they were calmer and happier than before thus creating an environment for positive peer and family relationships.
- Greater Health: There are numerous studies pointing to the health benefits of meditation. Meditation can help reduce stress levels and alleviate anxiety. If we can reduce stress, health benefits will follow.
- Better Sleep: Studies have also shown that meditation can greatly reduce or even eliminate difficulties with sleep. A study in The American Journal of Medicine indicated that through meditation 100% of insomnia patients reported improved sleep and 91% either eliminated or reduced sleep medication.
- Self-awareness: Meditation enables you to develop a deeper sense of self and an inner-confidence that can help raise self-esteem.
Contact Marci to find out more about how meditation can help you achieve better health.